This recipe will take you about 20 minutes to make and 25 minutes to cook in the oven. It makes about 12 berry oaties.
You will need:
225g self-raising flour
a pinch of salt
175g caster sugar
300g raspberries (frozen or fresh)
1) Grease a baking tin or deep oven proof dish and preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius
2) If using frozen berries, allow to defrost and drain the juice off
3) Mix the flour and salt together in a mixing bowl and rub in the margarine with your fingers
4) Stir in the oats and sugar and then use your hands to combine to a thick doughy mixture
5) Press half of the mixture into the dish.
6) Sprinkle the berries over the mixture then cover with the other half of the doughy mix
7) Press down firmly with your fingers
8) Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
9) Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into squares
10) Serve with cream or custard and a couple of berries for topping
Let me know if you bake these and whether you like them over on Twitter or Instagram - @laurakathren!
Want to keep up with my posts? You can follow me on Bloglovin'!
, by laurakathren